My Photo
Name:
Location: Maple Valley, Washington

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Summertime... and the living is easy

Well, it's not quite summertime yet, but i've made it to the end of my super busy months. After the mission trip to Jamaica in April and the trip to Virginia, Doug's cousin Suzanne's wedding, and my move in May, I'm ready for a little bit of down time. Of course even as i'm thinking how nice it is to have some time to relax i'm looking at the calendar that just seemed empty and seeing that it is filling up quite quickly. But the good thing about summer is that the calander becomes filled with things I love... like camping trips, play time at the ocean or lake, and other outdoor activities. So perhaps as i'm unpacking and beginning the season of fun activities that won't take up quite as much time as my last two trips, i'll get around to posting some pictures from Jamacia and telling you a little more about my trip. Of course my best friend Hannah is also moving back into the great state of Washington in under two weeks... so i'm sure she'll be keeping me busy as well!

As for my move, it went wonderfully. Thank you thank you thank you to the helpers i had! I couldn't have done it nearly as easily if it weren't for Doug and his friend Bill - who was quite the task master and showed up with a giant truck that he has for transporting llamas (fortunately it was llama-free that day!). With those two guys and the help of my new roomie Sarah and friends Pam, Erin, and Valerie, we finished the actual moving in just about 2 1/2 hours! Amazing! Anyway, it feels good to have the big things out of the way and smaller exciting things to look forward to, allowing some time for resting :) At least for a few weeks anyway!

1 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

Hi Carol!
I've enjoyed reading your blog. I know Doug. I was in Suzanne's MC class and noticed you mentioned that you went to her wedding. How was it? Please tell her congratulations for me if you see or hear from her. Thanks!

June 10, 2005 2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home