My Photo
Name:
Location: Maple Valley, Washington

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Exploring possiblities...

Well, I've been working as a speech pathologist for 3 years now... and have been at one job for that whole time- at the Children's Therapy Unit at a hospital in Puyallup. It's a good job overall, but it definately has its ups and downs, as most jobs do.... Lately i've been thinking a lot about the potential of changing jobs... but hadn't really followed through with anything until a week or so ago. I got an e-mail from the director of special services in the Tahoma school district (in Maple Valley). She was asking me if i would be interested in interviewing for a job in an elementary school. This time i decided to take the plunge. I have an interview this afternoon at 4:00. Part of me still thinks i'm crazy for considering this - interviewing for another job when i like my current job overall, and where i'd even be taking a pay cut! But then there's part of me that would love to be closer to home and able to work shorter days with a new job. Not to mention the appealling school schedule with about 12 weeks off per year :) I think that in itself is worth the difference in pay. We'll see!!! It's been three years since i last interviewed, which I know isn't that long but feels like ages to me right now! I'm trying to remind myself that there's no need to be nervous - i'm just exploring possibilities to see what else is out there. Of course i spent an hour and a half last night trying on all the clothes in my closet and then ironing half of them because nothing seemed to be just right and i couldn't decide what i'd feel most comfortable in today! Girls can be so funny... But i managed to find something to wear this morning... so i think i'll make it! Well, if nothing else, this will be a good opportunitiy to brush up on my interviewing skills. I just pray that I will have clear direction in the decisions to make during and following the interview! A new job would be challenging, a bit scary, but also a bit fun... It's always good to push on the door to see if it's going to open for you, right? :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Way to go, Carol! I'm sure that it will all go according to God's plan.

Blessings on you today at 4:00!

~Karen

June 22, 2005 10:00 AM  
Blogger Sabrina said...

Yes! Go for it! It is fun to push on doors, we are doing that right now as well! Good luck! I am rigth there with ya.

June 22, 2005 10:08 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Good luck Carol, I hope all goes well :) I am sure that being a little closer to Doug has nothing to do with it right? ;) I hope it works out, I would go for it if I were you. Money isn't everything!

June 22, 2005 1:40 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Thank you all for your encouragement! The interview went very well... the people were very friendly and i was only nervous for the first few minutes. It's amazing how much easier it is to interview when you have experience to go on! They even said that they enjoyed meeting me and were impressed with what they saw, and that i could more than likely expect them to extend a job offer (as long as my references check out). Yikes! So now i have some major decision-making to do! But praise the Lord for his faithfulness in calming my nerves and giving me wisdom in the interview!!!

June 23, 2005 12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home