My Photo
Name:
Location: Maple Valley, Washington

Monday, November 21, 2005

26 days and counting...

So here I am, less than one month away from my wedding day! I can't believe it! Things have been so busy lately. This weekend I'm moving into Doug's house... we got our marriage license tonight so we decided to go ahead and get married on Thanksgiving... enough of this planning and waiting stuff. Okay, well I guess we won't really do that - my family might have to kill me if that happened! (right mom and dad???). But I am moving next weekend and will kick Doug out of his house for a few weeks until the wedding. It'll make things easier on us in not having to move later... not to mention we'll enjoy saving a little rent money! :) This will be my 6th move in the last 4 years. So I'm very glad that this one will last a while!!! This time I didn't even start packing until Sunday - less than a week before the move. I can't say I'm the most organized person, so my room was rather a disaster area and I was starting to stress that I would run out of time with everything going on. But, Doug came to my rescue again and calmed me down and helped me organize so we can pack everything up on Wednesday. Fortunately I have a half day at work that day! Have I mentioned lately that Doug is the best thing that's ever happened to me? It was fun for both of us to start the process of packing things to move me into his house... or I should say OUR home. :) I never really unpacked everything from when I moved in here last May, so it shouldn't be nearly as big of a move this time. And the whole family has offered to help move me, so I'm sure we'll make it just fine. We have to leave time to go up into the mountains and play in the snow next weekend too! It's a tradition since I've known the Easterlys. :) Well I know that this is just the second Thanksgiving weekend I've known them, but I like this tradition! So on with the fun...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Carol and Doug! Good luck on the move! See you in a couple weeks-you should be wearing something beautiful I imagine! :) Blessings in your last minute preparations

November 22, 2005 11:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, I sympathize on the moving but the rest of the weekend sounds wonderful! Have a good week & we'll see you in a few weeks.... Can't wait to meet you!
-Nickie

November 22, 2005 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home