My Photo
Name:
Location: Maple Valley, Washington

Monday, August 08, 2005

Running around like crazy...

So i'll have to apologize to my avid readers who have been checking for updates frequently... I've been rather busy these last several weeks. My parents were in town a couple weeks ago, and we had a wonderful time with them. Hopefully I'll get to put up some pictures and tell some stories soon... but we did keep plenty busy! Then this past weekend we were able to go camping and enjoy some relaxation time... And now I feel like a chicken with my head cut off... with everything going on, but that will end soon. Well maybe not, but at least i'll have one major stressor out of the way after tomorrow. My last day at my current job is tomorrow, and I have a billion things left to do before that... but it will be here soon. I'm excited to start a new adventure, but sad to leave my wonderful coworkers and some wonderful kids... So it's a hard couple of days. Not to mention that I'm fighting off being sick - it's like a never ending cycle - stress weakens your body and makes you sick and being sick makes me more stressed! But it's not too bad - i'll certainly make it. I just keep thinking of Wednesday... when I can at least take a few hours to sleep in and relax. Then the major planning will begin...

So for the exciting news... Doug and I have picked a date for our wedding... We will get married on December 17th, 2005. I know that's a busy time of year, but we just can't wait until next summer!!! :) And a Christmas wedding will be beautiful!!! It's coming so quickly!Planning wise, I think i'll feel much more secure when we have found a place for the wedding and the reception. I do have my dress already though, so it's quite nice to know that's taken care of! :) Hopefully everything will run as smoothly as getting the dress! This whole wedding planning thing is very exciting but a bit stressful for me as well. I'm just not much of an event planner, so it takes all these skills that I don't really ever use. I do know that I have lots of people around who have said they are willing to help... it's just the whole 'um, i need help knowing what i need help with' part that i'll have to get through first! It's a very fun and exiting time though! And Doug has been amazing at supporting me and reminding me that this IS fun. How often will we spend so much time and money on a big party to celebrate us??? It will be fun. So that's my very quick update. Thank you to all of you for your well wishes and sharing in our excitement.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

Wow, I remember the days! It can be stressful but you have to remember to plan so you don't have to do anything that day. If you have people wanting to help you mihgt just get together, soon, with several ladies who are wanting to help plan. Get your magazines and planners out and decide what kind of wedding you want, colors, and all that and start working on your guest list. There are so many things to do you need to start organizing them now so you can not stress later. We had a short engagement and we were so glad! You can do it Carol! I am so excited for you! Sorry we missed you this past weekend, we didn't have our phone with us :( Blessings!

August 09, 2005 12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Yeah!! Well i can't share in knowing what the stress is of plannin a wedding. We eloped! But i wish that i had a wedding! Oh girl you are organized!! You will do great! LOve you, Shannon

August 10, 2005 7:33 PM  
Blogger Sabrina said...

December will be a BEAUTIFUL time to have a wedding. I love the dark colors of winter weddings. Not that you have to go with dark colors of coarse!

August 12, 2005 9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I guess you're into your "lazy" days now before you start your new job. If you need an ear for stress relief, you know my number. I'm not sure if there is anything I can do to help with the planning, but I'm here if you need my help. Enjoy your time off. Things will get very busy very quickly soon!

August 15, 2005 1:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there, I'm a friend of Doug's & I was so excited to hear about you two! We had a short engagment too and were glad to get married as soon as our schedule allowed! Just be sure to ask for help or suggestions of ANYONE who is interested in helping. :) Looking forward to meeting you someday!
Nickie

September 17, 2005 1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home