My Photo
Name:
Location: Maple Valley, Washington

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

A little news...

So now the news you've been waiting for... I finally became an e-bay member. :) Oh - that's not what you were expecting me to say? Well some of you are just checking out my webpage to look for pictures, but others of you may not know the actual real news... Doug bought a new kite! Well he did. And he had a wonderful time flying it a week ago at Ocean Shores. Although he told me his favorite part of flying the kite was watching his fiance fall over while trying to fly it! :) Yep, that's right - that kite knocked me right over a few times by the big pull it had. Oh, was that not the most exciting part? Okay, yes, it's true, Doug proposed to me and I gladly accepted. It was a perfect weekend. Doug and I were in Ocean Shores for Generational Hope's (Doug's church's) family camp a week and a half ago. He talked me into skipping out on the services on Friday night to go have dinner. So we went to the Waves restaurant at the Best Western and split a delicious meal of clam chowder, steak, and crab legs. We finished at the perfect time to make it down to the beach by sunsest. Doug built a fire and we sat by it and enjoyed the beautiful and romantic sunset on out own little stretch of beach. Then we were just sitting there talking about how fun our relationship has been and how greatful we are that God brought us together. I said something about not having any questions about us being together, which gave Doug the perfect opportunity to say "Well I have a question for you..." At that point my heart jumped because i realized what he was going to do. He then pulled a ring out of his pocket and asked me to be his wife. Doug tells me I said 'really? Is this for real?' Yes - It is for real - my dreams are coming true! I get to marry my best friend whom i love with all my heart. Doug and I match so well in so many ways and I see God's fingerprints all over our lives. Just in the many little ways that we compliment each other, fit together so well, and have fun together no matter what we're doing. I'm so excited to know that I get to spend a lifetime with Doug. This is what I've dreamed of for my life - to fall in love and marry an amazing man of God with whom I can raise a family... and this is the beginning of that chapter of our lives. We had a fun time telling friends and family about our engagement - both those who were there at family camp and those across the country and across the world. We'll keep you updated on wedding plans as they come along... Right now we're still leaning towards a winter wedding - December or February most likely, but haven't set a definate date yet. Things have been so busy! Many of you who i've talked to but haven't seen have wanted to see a picture of the beautiful ring Doug bought for me. I've put some pictures on flickr - you can get to them by clicking on the picture on this blog - and I will be adding a few more soon. My parents are visiting from Virginia this week - so we're having lots of fun and keeping plenty busy. We went up to Victoria last weekend and took lots of pictures. We made sure to get a picture of my ring in front of some flowers at the Butchart Gardens... I'll post some of those when i can get to it! So until then...

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you two!!! And WOW! What a glow and smiles!!! So AWESOME!!!! Love you both!! Doug, Shannon and Girls!

July 26, 2005 10:47 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are SO thrilled!

God is so good.

Love,
Karen

July 26, 2005 11:13 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I totally know the feeling you described there in your post! What an amazing thing to get to spend the rest of your life with your very best friend in the whole world!

Congratulations! And may God bless all your preparations for this marriage!

July 27, 2005 8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Winter wedding?!!! What's the rush?? I hear Seattle is much nicer in August!

July 27, 2005 1:59 PM  
Blogger Sabrina said...

Congratulations!!! Got choked up reading your story...I love happy endings!!! or in your case..happy beginnings!

July 27, 2005 4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!
I am soooooooooooooooo happy for you two :) Big hugs and kisses from Sweden !!!

July 30, 2005 11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are thrilled and excited about the upcoming wedding. After spending ten days with you two, we can see how devoted you are to each other. Also, were delighted to be with Carol to help pick out the wedding dress. At least we were there to help with
"something" for the wedding.
We are anxiously waiting for more details.
Love you,
Mom and Dad

July 31, 2005 3:53 PM  
Blogger Matt and Melody said...

I am right there with Sabrina. I cried just reading about your engagement. I am so happy for you and Doug. You do compliment each other so beautifully. Congrats!

August 02, 2005 9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Carol!!!!!!!!!!

You deserve to be happy and I can't wait for the wedding!!!!!!!

Love,

Heather

August 03, 2005 8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home