My Photo
Name:
Location: Maple Valley, Washington

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Changes...

Thanks to those of you who were praying for me and encouraging me last week... If you haven't read my comment from the other day, the interview with the school district went very well. I was basically offered the job immediately following the interview, although i wasn't called with the official offer until the following day. My interview was on Wednesday and I went with an open mind, not at all sure if the job would be a good match or if it would be a possibility that would open up for me. But as the interview went on I found out that there were many positive features. The job would be in one school (unlike many speech therapists in the schools who split their time at two or even three or more schools), and it is the school that houses the preschool program. One of my favorite parts of my current job is working with the little ones who have not yet reached school age, so i was hesitant to switch if i would have to give that up. It just seemed to be set up perfectly - they were looking for someone who would be excited to work in the preschool. The other bonus of this school is that I would not be the only speech pathologist there. Due to the large size of the elementary school (770 students) , and the special education programs housed there, there are a combination of 4 speech pathologists who will be at the school either part time or full time. The district was also willing to go the extra mile to find a way to give me experience credit for my 3 years that i've been working outside of public education and were able to offer me a slightly higher pay rate than they initially stated (still a pay cut from my current job... but i'll have a lot more time off!!!). So all in all, it seemed to be an excellent fit. The people were great and I've heard nothing but good things about the district. So i decided to take a leap and accept the new job!

Since deciding to accept the job i've been kind of a mix of emotions! I've never quit a job before that i hadn't planned in advance would be for a specified amount of time. It is hard to leave my current job. Well at least to leave the people. I'm thinking of lots of the positive things right now and know i'll miss a lot... but sometimes change can be good. And this one brings with it many postive things as well... Oh, and one more thing i though of that kind of sealed the deal..... snow days!!! Yeah yeah, there won't be that many in this area, but i'm sure we'll at least get a few delayed starts... :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new job lil' sis! I'm just glad you stay with a job longer than you keep an address! I know you will love the new schedule and working with kids exclusively. Watch out for some of those parents though! When do you start? Send me an e-mail with all the details. Have a great 4th weekend and I'll talk to you soon.

Susan

June 30, 2005 8:33 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

How great for you Carol! Congratulations! :)

July 01, 2005 9:40 AM  
Blogger Sabrina said...

Ohhhh...I miss snow days. Lucky you! :)

July 01, 2005 10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited for your new adventure!!! I know it will be lots of fun and lots of challenges. The kids will most certainly love you, and I will love you working closer to home. =) Have a great day!

Hannah Banana

July 07, 2005 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home