My Photo
Name:
Location: Maple Valley, Washington

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Wonders never cease!!!

Who would have thought that you CAN actually have a sunny July 4th in the Seattle area?!?!?!?! :) Well this year proved that anything is possible as we enjoyed a beautiful summer day with sunshine and 80 degree weather on July 4th this year. It was the perfect day for the activities I had planned. I was able to go to a friend's house for a BBQ and lake party - filled with boating, jet skiing, and swimming, as well as friends, food, and fun. :) I never realized how many muscles you can use to stay on those Seadoos until Tuesday when i could barely move without having to say 'ooofta' because of my sore muscles! It was a lot of fun though. Of course the lake I was on is a smaller lake and it has restricted hours when you can go over 5 miles per hour on any water craft... so on the 4th of July you can only go fast between 11 and 3. On a beautiful holiday that makes for a LOT of people out on the lake at that time. So there were quite some waves to ride over on that jet ski. I only threw myself off one time though! After that i was afraid i'd be run over by a boat if i flew off again... so I tried to stay on. Perhaps i'll leave my next water adventures for a less busy day!

Anyway, during the day Doug was at his friend Bill's house setting up for the fireworks show that night. Fortunately he was finished early enough to come by the lake and take a quick swim. We had an adenture with the paddleboat... Those things always seem to look more fun than they actually are though. Doug was gracious enough to get in the paddle boat with me even though he didn't really want to... We had to scoop a few buckets of water out of the boat after we were both in it... but it floated for us :) I think those things are built for smaller people who have shorter legs... Next time i'll just swim out to the floating dock and back rather than trying to paddle... much easier i'm sure! :)

So for our evening we both went over to Bill's house and enjoyed another BBQ. We had some time to test fly the small model airplane I'd given Doug for his birthday. Of course we crashed it a few times... or i should say Doug flew the plane and i crashed it... but it was fun. The battery only runs the motor for about 3 minutes, so they were all rather short flights! It was fun to try it out! Neither of us have flown those before, so it was a learning curve. It'll be fun to play with some this summer. Then of course our evening concluded with a fireworks show put on by Doug and Ryan. They did a great job with it! We thoroughly enjoyed the bonus bangs that
Eric provided for Doug to include in the show! Thanks Eric!!! All in all it was a great holiday and a fun celebration of our country. Of course during the day i didn't even hear one patriotic song... so on my way home that night i had to think of all the patriotic songs i knew and sang them to myself in the car... just to make the holiday feel complete. :) Oh beautiful for spacious skies.....

4 Comments:

Blogger Sabrina said...

Fun 4th! Great stories too! I love hearing about your and Dougs adventures :)

July 10, 2005 8:31 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

Hi Carol,
I know what you mean about going boating. I went on the Columbia and it was busy and every muscle in my body was sore. Especially the upper torso and my arms.

July 11, 2005 11:55 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Hi Carol,

Erik says, "You're welcome" for the fun extras...Glad it all turned out well.

~Karen

July 12, 2005 5:17 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

GIRL!!!

Don't you have a VERY-INTERESTING-POST due?!?!?!?!?!

Come on! Don't make us hold our breath much longer!!!!!

July 21, 2005 12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home