My Photo
Name:
Location: Maple Valley, Washington

Monday, August 22, 2005

Time flies when you're having fun...

Carol, Jamie, and Danielle at Deception Pass
Carol, Jamie, and Danielle at Deception Pass

So I really don't know what happened to all of my time off... I got some things accomplished and had some fun as well. But the time just flew by. I start my new job tomorrow with a few days full of orientation... It will be a nice easy start before the kids start coming. A few days to kinda learn the ropes, right? :) My favorite part of my time off was probably taking a trip up to Deception Pass with Doug's sister Maralee, her husband Ben, and their three fun kids. Well they were camping there for a week and I joined them for a couple days. We had a great time hiking around, swimming in the lake, climbing on rocks in the ocean, playing games, and learning to skip rocks. Danielle (she's 12) was the best rock skipper around! She taught me to stand in the water a little bit to make it easier. Of course my high number of skips was about 4 or 5, with most only skipping twice, if at all. But that was great for me!!! I also liked Cole's version of rock skipping - throwing two rocks at the same time so as they hit in succession and look like multiple skips of one rock to the squinted eye in your peripheral vision. :) Fun times!

As for wedding planning - it's coming along... we're still looking for a church where we can have the wedding. But we have a couple possibilities for reception sites. Everything else is coming along too... I just know that I'm going to be pretty busy here in the next few months. My new job will be a good change - I'm looking forward to it. But I also know that the first several weeks after the kids start coming will be quite challenging and I'll likely be working late those weeks... But God has orchestrated all of this plan, and I know that having several things on my plate is completely doable when I seek God first and allow Him to help me through rather than trying to do it all on my own. I do find myself much more likely to become overly stressed when I don't take time to pray or read the word of God. But when I do, minor stresses just roll off my back... and for the more intense stresses, I do great with all the additional support of my wonderful friends. I'm just feeling very grateful tonight. God is very good. Every good and perfect gift comes from Him, and He is pouring out blessings on my life right now. I think back to one year ago at this time... tired of my job, having fun with my friends, but longing for something more... trusting God to provide in his timing... I had no idea what was just around the corner...but He is so faithful. :)
Well if you've made it this far you know I'm kind of rambling here... So perhaps I'll end this post here. Have a blessed day! Oh, and here's a fun thought - 4 months from now I'll be on my honeymoon!!! :) Yippie!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

That is a fun thought! Especially for you guys! ;)

August 23, 2005 10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your transition to the new job goes well. Just ease into it!
At least until the kids come back to school.
We're praying for just the right church for the wedding. Know you will find it soon.
Mom & Dad

August 24, 2005 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home